Established in 1988, Aurora School’s mission is to nurture children’s love of learning by cultivating academic excellence, emotional intelligence, and social engagement.
Aurora is an independent K-8 school where teachers foster academic strength with a focus on social justice. Social-emotional learning is
essential to our curriculum, with an emphasis on self-awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. Our community of students, parents and staff practice empathy, kindness, and inclusivity and move through the world with positive intention.
We also feature multi-grade classrooms, where students in grades K/1, 2/3, 4/5 and middle school share learning spaces. Older students have
the opportunity to mentor younger students, who become mentors themselves the next year. Students form friendships beyond their age group, and teachers support learning at all levels.
We have one of the most optimal teacher/student ratios and largest school libraries of any East Bay independent school. In addition to STEM and humanities, Aurora students take classes in art, music, Spanish, woodshop and physical education. All of this happens in the indoor and outdoor spaces of our lovely, historic campus located in Upper Rockridge, off Highways 24 and 13. We also have a strong and supportive community of families with regular events to allow them to meet and connect.
Aurora School features:
· Academic excellence with a focus on social justice
· Multi-grade classrooms where students learn mentoring and empathy
· Social-emotional learning throughout the curriculum
· Specialist classes including Art, Music, Spanish, Woodshop, Phys Ed and Library
· Lovely, historic campus with large outdoor spaces in Upper Rockridge
· Flexible tuition
· A diverse and supportive community where everyone is celebrated for who they are